Saturday 7 May 2011

Kurva Chauth

This a festival for married women where they fast all day and pray for their husbands to have a long healthy life. The women in the evening dress up as brides and wear red/ pink.

I've experimented with lots of materials such as ink, collage, watercolours. I've also done a variety of primary studies on Bindi's and indian jewellery since this is very important to wear on this festival. Also the patterns will work well as a background layer. 

These are examples of me incorporating type in my designs, figure 2 is looking at a silhouette format and shaping the type around a bindi shape. Figure 3 works from the bindi studies i've done and incorporate the pattern in the lettering.

Some really nice imagery I've created, overall i've been experimenting with different media to see which style will suit what festival or is there a paticular media which will suit all designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment