Friday 1 April 2011

Designer Research


These pieces by Lokesh Katekar has really inspired me. I love the silhouette design combined with typography in the figure. Hopefully I intend to do something similar, I think it will look really effective.



Divya Thakur is another great example of bringing traditional stories update and creating a contemporary format with the toilet roll design. She takes the story of the Demon Cheerharan, who tried to rape a women, however when he tried to pull the women’s sari off, the fabric kept un unravelling but never finished.  This product has also made me realised to take the research I’ve found and create my own interpretation to it. Also think about creating designs for other formats others than 2D.
I've also come across Arti Sandu's work. Her work below creates imagery connected to the hindi alphabet. It's remined me not to forget to utilize photography in my work in order to break up the drawings etc. Also I like her choice of colour and composition of images that resemble the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment