Monday 28 March 2011

Week 2 Printing

Today we tried out silk printing and relief printing.  I chose the ‘Om’ symbol which symbolises creation and god in Hinduism. It was a strong image for silk printing. This was a new technique for me and I really enjoyed it. It allowed me to transfer an image on any format very quickly!!! I did some rough designs then created an A2 piece. Fig1

I was trying to create a contemporize image using blocks of colour and the Om symbol. I’m going to develop this further and use some type on the right side. This is defiantly a potential technique for my final outcomes because the style would suit the project I’m doing!

I then tried out relief printing where I found a range of materials and inked them up and put them through a roller. The shape/ pattern of the item printed on the fabric. I really enjoyed this technique and found using folded paper and a flatten drinks can to be really effective. The pieces below was just me experimenting however the outcomes were really nice and had potential to develop. I’m going to scan these pieces in and see what I can do with them.

Furthermore I think utilizing some printing techniques in my final outcomes will give an edge to my work. I’m thinking of creating stencils of the gods and imagery and layering them up.

Anyways I really need to crack on with research and get my secondary research out of the way then I can do some imagery development which is vital!!

No comments:

Post a Comment