Friday 25 March 2011

Week 1 RESEARCH..RESEARCH..RESEARCH

All this week I’ve been researching a range of important festivals in the Hindu and Sikh religions. I've also researched the god and gurus. It’s important for me to do this because in order to create the correct imagery my knowledge foundations have to be correct!!

Anyway as I researched I came to an idea of creating a concept for an IPhone application for the South Indian Festivals. I always forget what festival is next and it would be great to have a calendar to tell me. So I’m thinking of developing this concept further.

At the same time I’ve been looking at a range of Indian graphics and illustrations which I need to collect together now. There have been some really cool modern interpretations of gods and the culture. Many use a lot of silhouette shapes too. Anyway I came across an illustrator/ animator Sanjay Patel who works for Pixar. He’s also created two books based on the Hindu Deities. His work is AMAZING!!! And is a great example of how I want to develop my work into.





Link: Ghee Happy -------------------------^

I'm also interested in developing imagery on a humorous nature concerning Indian culture and the norms. More research is required for this.

Overall I've found a lot of the graphic designs are vector base which does make the designs contemporary. Therefore I'm going to incorporate some vector imagery especially of the Gods/Guru's.
Next week is further research and rounding up ideas and information I have gathered!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment