Thursday 24 March 2011

Initial Inspiration for Project

K Prakash is an Indian artist who is in high demand concerning indian fine art. I had never come across this artist before however I was shopping in Leicester and saw these pieces of his art work. They were contemporary paintings of Lord Shiva and Ganesh. He uses a few strokes to convey the figures and God’s which really inspired me. I wanted to do the same but with a graphic twist. Create my own interpretation of Gods but with limited shapes, characteristics etc.

His work is not always flat etiher, he adds little necklaces, garlands or a Trident which I think makes the pieces quirky and contemporary.

I loved the colour choice for this Shiva painting and the canvas size, it demonstrates how the canvas size one chooses adds to the pieces being contemporary than typical traditional paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment