Thursday 9 June 2011

The Final Designs

I scanned in all the imagery that I produced in print making and in my sketchbook and I developed the final set of designs; a series of 15 in total.

I had many thumbnail sketches, development and research to support the final designs so it was time to finish it all off.

The MAJOR influence and inspiration was club posters due to this format would appeal to a younger audience and bring deisigns into a contermpoary mode.



Hiroshi Tanabe inspired me due to his choice of colour, type and line.


Chrissie Abbott’s composition, use of geometric shapes and cosmic colours.


Kareem Iliya’s use of watercolour and silhouette


Lastly a print by Pardon my Hindi which set of the use of henna stencils and hand gestures which became key in my designs




Above I'm going to post all 15 designs. They will go in calendar order on my exhibition because initially I was going to develop a calendar but due to time, I designed them into promotional posters. However they have potential of becoming cards, t-shirts etc.












No comments:

Post a Comment